Prague, August 26 – 30, 2013
Welcome ReceptionMonday, August 26, 19.00 – 21.00
The Welcome Reception will be held at the conference venue on the first and second floor hallways.
Sightseeing Tour of PragueWednesday, August 28, 15.00 – 17.00
Meeting point: 15.00, Conference venue
The walk with guides (held in English) to the Prague Castle is included in all types of registration fees.
You can see: Old Town Square, Municipal House, Wenceslas Square, Astronomical Clock, Charles Bridge, Nerudova Street, Prague Castle
Old Town Square
The most significant square of historical Prague. It originated in the 12th century. The square has several dominant features, the baroque St. Nicholas Church (K. I. Dienzenhofer, 1732 – 1737), the rococo Kinský Palace housing the National Gallery exhibition hall, the Stone Bell House — a gothic city palace from the 14th century — now the Municipal Gallery concert and exhibition halls, and the Memorial to Master Jan Hus sculptured by Ladislav Saloun (1915). The very place where the 27 Czech noblemen were executed on 21 June, 1621, is marked in the square pavement.
The oldest Prague bridge built in the place of the Judita’s Bridge that had been badly damaged by a flood in 1342. The Stone or Prague Bridge in 1870 renamed Charles Bridge, was founded by Charles IV in the year 1357. According to the latest research the construction was started by Master Otto and finished by Peter Parler in 1402. Both ends of the bridge are fortified by towers (Lesser Town Bridge Tower, Old Town Bridge Tower). From 1683 to 1928 thirty sculptures and sculptural groups of the saints were gradually set on the bridge piers (M. Braun, F. M. Brokof, etc.). The bridge is 515 meters long and 10 meters wide.
National cultural monument, the symbol of more than 4 millennium of development of the Czech state. Since its foundation in the last quarter of the 9th century it has been developing uninterruptedly throughout the past eleven centuries. It is a monumental complex of ecclesiastical, fortification, residential and office buildings representing all architectural styles and periods, surrounded by three castle courtyards and covering 45 hectares. Originally it used to be the residence of the princes and kings of Bohemia. Since 1918 it has been the seat of the president.
Conference DinnerThursday, August 29, 19.30 – 21.30
Price: 750 CZK
Meeting point: 19.00, Conference venue
Cruise on the Vltava River through the historic centre of Prague. Refreshment with drinks and live music included.
Beautiful view of Old Town: Rudolfinum, National Theatre, St. Agnes Cloister, Ministry of Industry, Hanavský Pavilion, Kramár Villa, Prague Castle, Strahov Monastery, Charles Bridge...
Getting to the Cruise on the Vltava River